Saturday 19 November 2011

The Italian Job


Leaving Japan to Fly to UK to get a collecting flight, on this flight Sugino san says he has some good sleeping pills, as he knows I can never sleep on the plane, so 4 free beers later and some grub out of the way, I take 2 pills to see if they work and order a beer.....that is the last I remember until we arrived in Italy (around 16hours) because I later look on the internet to see what pills I had taken and he managed to get "roofies" so neither me or him remember anything about the 2hr stop in London heathrow or boarding the flight to get to Italy, I dont even remember taking this photo above....


or this photo....


or this photo when we landed in Italy.


Carlo-san gave us great hospitality and took us too his home,


Which is where I enjoyed his Italian flare for Interior design...great home!



We go out for a bite to eat, and walk past this church which was huge,


Ahhh Margarita :) In the 2 days we was there, I consumed around 10 of these...I didn`t try any other food....because if you like something so much, why search for something that tastes even better?


Dessert time!


We get back and head to the rooms, little bit of jetlag, I remember trying so hard to set my alarm fighting my eyelids from shutting......mission failed.....Iphone is left on with no screen lock, no alarm set, I wake up the next morning at 6:55, no battery, and I knock on Sugino-San`s room, he is already dressed and has had a shower, I am still semi naked standing in the hallway scratching my ass waiting for my brain to kick in and tell me I only have 5 min until we get picked up....
I throw on some jeans, Tshirt, grab camera, iphone and charger head down to the lobby miss breakfast but the kind lady gives me a bag with some crackers, an orange juice drink and a banana.... we get in Carlo-San`s R34 GT-R and Sugino-San hooks up the laptop and we leave for a long journey to the Dyno room.





Sun comes up, was great view!


Gian-Luca-San meets us with his R34 GT-R, his engine is Carlo`s old engine but fitted with HKS Vcam and GT-SS turbos, nismo plenium,


Carlos R34 GT-R, Engine is N1 2.8ltr tomei 8 counter engine with full race head and HKS Vcam, Big T51R turbo and titanium piping everywhere.



Gian-Luca`s engine!


Sugino san holds a Valve from a boat engine!


Sugino-san is horrified to see the harness wiring of GianLuca car, so he rewires it there and then as it was quite dangerous the way it was and easy to short out.


Gianluca is first on the Dyno! after alot of mapping we get a power run, and Sugino-san said he thinks there is a little slip also,


Power Figuers


Carlo san`s R34 waiting.......Sadly tho we couldnt get any power runs due to wheel slip on the dyno, we tried everthing, increasing the load on the rollers, getting 2 big guys to sit in the back of the car, putting 60kg of water in the boot and having me @ 80kg sit on the trunk.....no chance it was simply too Awsome to show its power.


We leave and make our way back, with more mapping on the way home.



Next morning outside the hotel we spot this, its a car that has a 8.4ltr viper engine in it (thats bullshit sorry) It has motorbike engine in it so students can own one on a motorbike licence,


Carlo-San`s engine!








Gianluca-Sugino-Carlo


Close to where Carlo lives, he has this view.....


A famous mountain, so famous in fact I can`t remember what its called! (could be lasting damage from the "roofies"?)







We stop off for lunch, and on return its just too good not to shoot.



This Island you see here belongs to the Fiat boss Sergio Marchionne




We return home!

Great trip, unfortunate about the Dyno, but this car is too fast! Thanks for having us Carlo + GianLuca!

1 comment:

  1. Great story, thanks for sharing with us :)

    ReplyDelete