Saturday 31 March 2012

Fuji Speedway super taikyu

Left at 5:30am, Sunday 25th March 2012 to shoot and video for super taikyu team "Techno First", arrived at Fujispeedway after a 2hr drive and called Ichinari san (boss) and he came out and gave me a season pit pass ticket.....get it!

Parked my car in the team paddock, went into an office inside the pit area where I was introduced to 4 drivers, unloaded my camera and video gear, and went into the pit to see what actually goes on during a days event.

I was shocked at the organisation of everything, and how fast people were expected to move, act, the alertness of the team was shocking, not at all glamour like you would think, these guys were constantly fitting, cleaning, checking, datalogging everything, and there was me, getting in the way a few times, but I got some nice results. Boss was happy, but the best results came from 2 x GoPro HD hero 2 camera`s I had strapped into the Z34, One side onto the driver and the other recording from the rollcage looking out. Boss saw the videos and said "ya-bai" in Japanese, followed with "youtube up, dame, zenbu naishou merareru" translates to I cannot upload any of the footage as it was too good, and other teams could see the difference in the car (quite obvious actually if you watch the video) but after some begging he said im allowed to upload after this year....still better late than never.























































































































JOB DONE! finished over 1min faster than 2nd place! Ichinari San was very happy

No comments:

Post a Comment